Saturday, December 18, 2010

Exercising the llamas!

Well, I got caught. I looked up two nights ago from the paddock to see my husband standing by the horse trailer with the biggest grin on his face while he watched me with the llamas. I didn't know we had an audience. Busted!

I had taken Blanco out to the north paddock in the snow for leading lessons. It was about 10 p.m. - isn't that when you train your llamas?

He's about 8 months old and doing great with his lessons. Most of the other llamas followed us outside. When I asked him to trot with me, all the girls came along. Then it occured to me that having them do a few lunge circles in the paddock would be good for them. They have been a little stir crazy with all the super cold weather and snow.


So there we all were, jogging in a big loop around the paddock - me and about 11 llamas. I was coaching them -- "One more circle girls, you can do it! Follow Big Boy Blanco!"

Next thing I knew, Scott was laughing so hard he was about to split his winter jacket. Glad we could provide the entertainment!

No comments:

Post a Comment