Thursday, March 1, 2012

Llama Yarn Now Available in Our Etsy Store

The llama yarn is in! We're so excited to have our llama yarn back from the mill. We had it processed in small batches, by the llama. So, for instance, if you're a fan of SVL Llovely Llana, you can now get her luscious brown locks in the form of worsted, 2-ply yarn! All of our yarn is 100% llama. We have several natural colors listed at our Etsy store:  heartsongllamas.

We also have llama rovings for those of you who prefer to handspin your own yarn. The fiber for spinners is available as rovings and batts.

For those of you who prefer llama fiber in fabric form, we had felted batts made just for you. My background in fiber arts is as a seamstress, so I'm especially fired up to use the felted batts in some projects. The ideas are churning! I just found an awesome Butterick pattern for a large handbag and hat that can be made out of felt and other fabrics. I'm going to give it a try!

Llana on a hike on our trails with Philomena.

If you purchase one of our llama products and make something out of it, I'd love for you to send us a picture that we can post here in the blog or on our website. I'd gladly give you a photo credit and/or credit as the artist of the item. I'm anxious to spread the word about how awesome it is to work with llama fiber. I'm always telling the llama gang "you are all doing such a terrific job growing beautiful fiber!" Keep us posted on how you use it! I'll tell the llamas. Maybe it helps keep them motivated in their efforts to eat healthy and frolic around as happy llamas!

No comments:

Post a Comment